Friday, June 5, 2015

Vitality truffles

Vitality truffles

These little balls are great as an in between meal snack. The addition of nuts gives you the protein to keep you going until your next meal. They are great to pop in a little snack bag or container to take with you in your handbag too.

I made these pretty close to the recipe, although I didn't have quite enough hazelnuts so I made up the weight with some almonds. I also didn't have any raisins so I used sultanas. You can use whatever dried fruits you have in your pantry. If you are nut free you can substitue with pepitas. I think it would also be quite nice to add in some dried cranberries, and even a little bit of orange zest.

I decided to coat the truffles in various toppings - cocoa, desiccated coconut and sesame seeds. They can be store in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container or ziplock bag. They are actually quite good from frozen too!

The mixture is supposed to make 30 truffles, but I must have made mine a little bigger than they are supposed to be, as I got 24 out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment