Saturday, June 13, 2015

American-style pancakes

American-style pancakes
I had been wanting to make these for quite a while but I needed to get a better frying pan first. I had some frying pans that didn't work too well - everything was sticking to them unless I used a lot of oil or butter in them. They were also only 24cm pans, which meant I really could only cook one pancake at a time. So I hadn't made these for quite some time. I finally got a new frying pan the other day, and the weekend is the best time to make pancakes, so I gave them a whirl this morning!

When I make pancakes from my own recipe, I don't usually add sugar. I also usually use self raising flour and therefore don't need baking powder. So this recipe is quite different to my usual one. It is really easy to make - which is a good thing first thing in the morning! The mixture is quite thick, but due to the baking powder they fluff up nicely once they are cooked.

I usually fit three pancakes in the pan at a time. I place the cooked ones in the thermoserver and replace the lid in between. This keeps them all at the same temperature, so we all have delicous, hot pancakes at the same time.

To serve, I added some strawberries. We haven't been getting strawberries lately since they have been $6 a punnet. I found some for $2 a punnet the other day, so it was nice to have those with them. I then drizzled them with some maple syrup. I also like to put a little bit of yoghurt on them. Is this weird? Perhaps, but I like them that way!

Happy thermomixing!

No comments:

Post a Comment