Saturday, June 13, 2015

Cream of tomato soup

Cream of tomato soup
I went out to high tea this afternoon, so I didn't really feel like having a huge dinner. Or preparing one for that matter! Since I had a lovely loaf of fresh bread, I decided it was soup night! I had two soups on my meal plan for the week - cream of mushroom, or cream of tomato. Since neither of the kids are that fond of mushrooms, I went for the cream of tomato.

This soup is really easy to make. The only real preparation is halving the tomatoes (or quartering in this case as they were quite large tomatoes), and peeling and halving a small onion. I already have a big bag of bulk garlic that I have peeled and frozen in a zip lock bag, so I just grab them out of there when needed and use them from frozen.

Once the garlic and onion has been sautéed, the tomatoes are put in with the rest of the ingredients. The whole lot gets chopped up, so it cooks faster. It then gets left to do it's thing for 15 minutes, while I have a glass of wine. Brilliant!

Homemade sliced white bread
The end result was a lovely creamy soup. I served it with a few slices of home made white bread, spread with the Quirky Cooking spreadable butter. I love making things from scratch! It's a very satisfying thing to be able to do. No more cans of soup in this house! Not when it is so easy to make, no added preservatives, colours or flavours. Just natural, fresh ingredients.

Happy thermomixing!

No comments:

Post a Comment