Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Beef rendang

I made this dish a few weeks ago but it ended up being a disaster - not due to anything to do with the thermomix, but because I bought some really awful meat! I did love the taste of the sauce though, so I wanted to give it another go with some meat that wasn't so much like leather!

The flavours in this dish are really good. The coconut gives it a really nice texture too. I love toasting the coconut first so the lovely aroma of coconut fills the kitchen. Then toasting the spices before milling, so all the smells mingle together. Yum!

I didn't have any peanut oil, so I used ghee. I'm not sure if this is what caused it, but at the end of cooking my coconut milk seemed to split, and there was what looked like a lot of oil floating on top. But mixing it together again seemed to fix it a little. You can see the thinner separation of the oil in the picture.

The sauce was a little runny, I am wondering if it could have done with cooking for slightly longer to reduce the sauce a bit. Aside from that it was a great curry, with just enough heat for my liking.

Happy thermomixing!

No comments:

Post a Comment