Saturday, June 27, 2015

Hot chocolate

It's been pretty cold in Perth the last week or so, so I thought it would be a good opportunity to try the hot chocolate. This is pretty rich, as it uses dark chocolate in the recipe. I have actually tried it using milk chocolate, but it wasn't that great. I probably needed to increase the amount of chocolate I was using when I did it with milk chocolate.

I used Lindt 70% dark chocolate for this batch. I used the entire 100g pack. Since it serves 2, that is 50g of chocolate per serve. It ends up being very similar to the spanish version of hot chocolate they serve at San Churro. Very, very thick. It was actually a little bit too strong for my liking.

Next time I might just use 50g of chocolate for the 2 serves and see how that goes. It would be quite nice to flavour it, or even experiment with the Lindt flavoured varieties of chocolates. Chilli, orange, mint or berry.

Last time I made this (with the milk chocolate) I gave it a quick whizz at the end so it ended up with a bit of froth on top too. I didn't do it this time because the kids had just gone to sleep, so I didn't want to wake them up.

Happy thermomixing!

No comments:

Post a Comment