Thursday, June 11, 2015

Thick Custard

Thick custard with lemon cake
I know I have posted about custard before, but this one is the bees knees!!! Seriously, you have to try it. But don't blame me if you get addicted and you need to buy new pants haha!!!

I do sometimes find the thermomix auto custard tastes a bit eggy. This recipe (which can be found on the Thermomumma blog, here) still uses the eggs, but it also has cream in it, and instead of cornflour it uses custard powder. Yes its packaged, and it is good to make things from scratch, but there is something about the flavour of Nurse's brand custard that I just can't put my finger on. It tastes how custard should taste! No eggy flavour at all.


I served the custard with a small slice of leftover lemon cake. The custard is quite thick, even when its just been made. It sets even thicker once it has cooled, so would work well for something like a vanilla slice. I have used it to make custard scrolls, and they were delicious. If you do that though, make sure you put them in the freezer or you will be tempted to eat them all!

Happy thermomixing!

No comments:

Post a Comment