Thursday, June 11, 2015

CADA and yoghurt

CADA and yoghurt
This morning I decided I felt like something a bit different for breakfast. I didn't have enough time to make something fiddly, like pancakes, so I chose to make CADA. CADA generally consists of coconut, almonds, dates and apples. However it is quite easy to change the ingredients for any type of nuts and dried fruits you have on hand.

This morning I stuck to the traditional recipe, using coconut chips, almonds, fresh medjool dates and granny smith apple. I also had some cranberries in the cupboard so I added a handful of those. I was only making the CADA for myself and one of the boys, so for the quantities I used about a handful of almonds, approximately a quarter of a cup of coconut chips, 4 dates and about a tablespoon of dried cranberries. I didn't weigh anything, just grabbed them from the containers. Much easier before the morning coffee has been consumed!

The best thing about this is how fast it is. Once you have gathered your ingredients, and put them in the bowl, its a matter of selecting the 1.0 second turbo, and it only needs to be done three times. so in about 5 seconds, the CADA is ready! Just pop on some yoghurt, make your coffee and off you go. Actually, the making of my coffee probably took longer than the CADA!

CADA 
The yoghurt I actually made a few days ago. The fastest method I have found, with the most consistent results, is from this recipe on the recipe community. You might notice its by Lailah, of the famous bread...she is also the queen of yoghurt it would seem! I use the easiyo version, simply because I already had one and it frees up the thermoserver for other uses while the yoghurt is doing its thing in the easiyo thermos!

Easiyo method yoghurt


I have tried making this yoghurt with low fat UHT milk, and the result isn't as thick. It still tastes nice, but its not a thick, eat with a spoon on its own type yoghurt. The full cream milk and full cream milk powder definitely make it thicker.




CADA (plus cranberries)
serves 2

Ingredients
1/4 cup coconut chips (or flakes/shredded/desiccated)
1 handful almonds
4 fresh medjool dates, pitted
1 granny smith apple, cored and cut into quarters
1 tablespoon dried cranberries

Method
Put all ingredients into TM bowl, put on the lid and MC.
Select turbo 1.0 second option.
Turbo three times.
Serve with yoghurt.

Happy thermomixing!


No comments:

Post a Comment