Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Vegetable soup

So I had just made the stock paste, and then moved directly onto making the vegetable soup. I don't wash the bowl out - around the blades and base of the tm bowl there was about a tablespoon of stock paste left. Since the recipe requires that amount, and all ingredients just get thrown in together, the vegetable soup is a good option to make after the stock paste.

As with the stock paste, you can adjust the ingredients slightly to whatever vegetables you might need to use up from your fridge/pantry, just make it up to the same weight suggested in the recipe. I used the suggested vegetables from the book for this batch.

The recipe has a suggestion to saute the onions and garlic first, before adding the rest of the ingredients and cooking them. I don't usually do this. I generally have soup when I want something light and healthy for lunch, and usually when I have just got home from work, so I make it the quickest way possible.

Once the soup is pureed it is a nice velvety texture, and the vegetable stock seasons it quite nicely. I usually add a little freshly cracked black pepper. Sometimes I will add a little swirl of sour cream or greek yoghurt, depending what I have in the fridge, just for a bit of creaminess. However, it is also delicious just as it is. I like to have a bread roll to dip in my soup, so I make sure to keep a batch of frozen rolls in the freezer for when I want some soup. So easy to just grab one out and defrost it in the microwave, or leave to defrost naturally on the bench while the soup cooks.

Happy thermomixing!

No comments:

Post a Comment