Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Auto Custard


Automated custard - Normal, chocolat
We had leftovers for dinner last night, so I decided to make some custard using the automated recipe for dessert. My kids love the chocolate version, so I put in all the ingredients and left it to do its thing for 8 minutes. I usually make the 3-4 serves and the normal consistency.

I love how I can put this on and leave it while I do other things and then dessert is ready. It is best eaten straight away as I find it does get a bit of a skin on it quite quickly if left to cool. I have tried putting cling wrap on it in direct contact with the custard if i am going to eat it cold, but it still seems to form a skin.

I have also used this custard (as vanilla or chocolate) as a filling for profiteroles. Since the normal version tends to go quite thick once cooled I usually go with that version for using it as a filling. I haven't ever tried making something like a vanilla slice, but I would guess the thick version would be best for that so it would hold its shape when sliced. Maybe I will have to do an experiment just to make sure!


Happy thermomixing!

No comments:

Post a Comment