Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Lemon butter

Lemon butter

I had a few lemons to use, so I thought I would make some lemon butter. I love anything lemon flavoured, so I didn't mind that my lemon was extra juicy and produced more than suggested in the recipe!

This was really simple to make, one of those "add everything in and start" recipes. Once it had cooked for the minimum time suggested, it coated the back of the spoon nicely, so I didn't need to cook it any longer. I just put it into the empty jam jar and left it to cool.
Lemon butter

The texture is lovely and it was really lemony. I haven't actually decided what to do with it yet. It would be great on toast, or as a filling for some tart cases made with short crust pastry. It would also be great to make up some meringue and making a cheats version of lemon meringue pie!
I might try doing that at some stage this week.

Happy thermomixing!

No comments:

Post a Comment