Friday, June 5, 2015

Creamy tomato and salami fettuccine

Creamy tomato and salami fettucine
I actually can't remember if I have cooked this dish before, I think it might have been the ham and chorizo pasta on the previous page I made last time. This dish was pretty nice, and very easy to prepare. I love that I can put the pasta in the thermomix rather than having to boil up a separate pot of water and then drain it.

The extra bonus of this dish is that it contains vegetables the kids didn't even know they were eating. It would be easy to add in any vegetables you had on hand, since they get chopped up quite small, they would cook pretty quickly. Depending on which vegetables the chopping might need to be a bit of a higher speed though (eg if you added pumpkin I would chop on speed 7).

Chopped vegetables before adding sauce
The dish was a lovely flavour and the sauce was just the right thickness. The only thing I would do differently next time is use a different salami - I didn't really enjoy the flavour of this particular one. It was mild, since the kids were eating it, but I think a slightly hotter one would work well in this dish if it was just for the adults in the house. Also, I would probably fry the salami/chorizo in a fry pan a little before adding it. I thought it looked a bit pale and sad without being browned up before adding.

Happy thermomixing!

No comments:

Post a Comment