Friday, June 5, 2015

Chocolate chip muffins

Chocolate Chip muffins
I have made these muffins a few time before, and they freeze really well. I like to make a batch for the freezer for a little treat to pop into the kids' lunch boxes every now and then.

I had some milk chocolate chips in the cupboard, so I used those in the recipe instead of dark chocolate. I didn't need to chop the chocolate as instructed in the first step of the recipe, so I just skipped past that stage. Another great feature of the recipe chip - if you are leaving anything out of a recipe its easy to skip parts or change a speed or weight of something, or even cooking time if you are doing a larger or smaller batch.
Muffin batter with choc chips added

This muffin recipe is so quick, its pretty much put everything in, mix it to combine, then add in the chocolate. The recipe states it makes 12 muffins, however I usually get 14 out of the mix. Sometimes I sprinkle a few extra chocolate chips on top too, however I was in a rush to get these in the oven and forgot to add them. I found the chocolate chips sank a little bit in the mix as they cooked, so I think adding the chips on top as well is a good idea. The muffins do rise quite well, so I fill the muffin cases to about 3/4 full.


Made 14 muffins

Happy thermomixing!

No comments:

Post a Comment