Saturday, June 20, 2015

PIzza Margherita

Pizza Margherita
Some nights it is nice just to have something quick and easy for dinner, and this is perfect. The recipe specifies it makes 4 pizzas, but I ended up making 2 from the dough, on my large round pizza trays.







The dough recipe is just the regular pizza dough from the book, so that is easy enough. I left this dough for about 40 minutes, as I didn't have a lot of time before the night time showering the kids routine began. We prefer the thinner crust pizzas anyway, but if it is left longer it just ends up getting a bit of a thicker crust.

I also added some tomato paste to the pizza bases, mainly because I felt a little bit odd not adding sauce to it! I also sprinkled a little bit of dried mixed herbs over the paste (also a habit!). I used a block of firm mozzarella, so I used a hand grater to grate it, I just prefer it that way for sprinkling over the pizza. I usually buy pre-grated mozzarella to be honest, and store it in the freezer to keep it fresh.

The end result was quite tasty, and they kids enjoyed it. They prefer basic pizzas with few toppings, so it was great for them.

Happy thermomixing!

No comments:

Post a Comment