Thursday, June 11, 2015

Chicken with creamy vegetable sauce


Chicken with creamy vegetable sauce
I had never tried this meal before, simply because it reminded me of the chicken veloute meal, of which I am not a fan! After making it tonight, I can most definitely say it is one that I wish I had discovered earlier!

Generally I'm not a huge fan of chicken breast. I find it boring, bland, and just a chore to eat. The sauce in this recipe made it though! I didn't use as much parsley as the recipe directed, I added about 30g. I also misread the instructions and put the chicken into the varoma tray instead of the dish. I cut the chicken up a bit thinner than the instructions said, and from the amount of chicken I just assumed it went in the tray. I scrunched and wet a piece of baking paper to lay the chicken on, being careful not to cover up the steam vents on the side of the tray, and also pushing it in from the sides a bit so some steam could circulate to cook the chicken. I prefer to do chicken this way when I am going to put something under it, so the chicken juices don't fall on the other ingredients, and end up with a funny clump of cooked chicken juice on them. It also makes it easier to clean the varoma because the holes don't get clogged up.
Chicken on baking paper on varoma tray

I added the mushrooms at the suggested time, and also added some broccoli to serve on the side. I cut the florets up quite small, and 5 minutes was the perfect amount of time to cook it just the way I like it - a little bit crunch still. There is nothing worse that limp, soggy, olive green broccoli!

I ended up cooking my corn in the microwave, mainly because I forgot to add it in until the last few minutes so I didn't have enough time left to cook it in the varoma.

Creamy vegetable sauce
The sauce was so delicious, I could probably eat it on its own! In fact, there is a fair bit left because the kids don't like mushrooms and the colour put them off.  I told them they didn't know what they were missing out on, because it was delicious! I am thinking about making it into a soup tomorrow for lunch.



Definitely give this recipe a go if you haven't tried it yet!

Happy thermomixing!

No comments:

Post a Comment