Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Sri Lankan red beef curry

Sri Lankan red beef curry
I have made this dish before, so I did cheat a little bit - I already had the curry blend leftover from last time. The curry blend makes around 1/3 cup of spices, so it will last you for a few curries since only 2 tsp is required for the dish.

Last time I made this it was for my dad, who loves his curries super hot. So when I make it for him, I leave all the seeds in the chillies and usually add an extra chilli for luck! Personally I prefer my curries with a little less kick than that, so this time I made it with just one chilli and took out the seeds and membranes to be safe.

Curry blend
I actually made this curry last night, knowing that I would be home late tonight, and since I was working a full day, which I don't normally do. I always find curries taste even better the next day, so this was an added bonus!

I actually didn't have the full amount of meat that was required - I only had about 700g, instead of 1.2kg, so the meal was a bit sauce heavy. But it is delicious, and lovely with some boiled basmati rice served with it. So I'm not complaining! The recipe also requires very little hands on time, especially if the spice mix is left over from last time.






Happy thermomixing!

No comments:

Post a Comment