Saturday, June 27, 2015

Chicken cacciatore

Chicken cacciatore
We had the chicken cacciatore for dinner last night, and it was pretty good! I have made this one before. I usually cut the chicken thighs in half (unfold it and cut along one of the bends if that makes sense). I just find it stirs a lot easier if you do it this way. 

I didn't have any wine, so I skipped that ingredient. I was going to add some extra water, but I didn't bother. It was probably a good idea, because I find the end result of this dish is quite runny. 

The chicken was nice and tender and not at all dry, which is the great thing about using thighs. I know a lot of people don't like chicken thighs, but they just have so much more flavour and don't dry out as easily as chicken breasts.

The olives give the dish a nice hint of saltiness. Surprisingly, my 7 year old loves olives, so I added a few extras to the dish for him! I did think it could have done with a few more mushrooms, since they do collapse a bit during the cooking. I added slightly more chicken than I was supposed to, so I didn't have much room to add more mushrooms anyway. Next time I might do less chicken and more mushies!

I served the cacciatore with mashed potato that I cooked on the stove and mashed by hand. It wasn't as nice as thermie mashed potato but I was running short on time. I did plan on having some extra steamed vegetables as well, but got distracted and forgot! I did cook some corn in the microwave but it turned an odd colour and the kernels shrivelled up a bit so I binned them. They had been in the fridge from last week so they were probably a bit past it anyway!

Happy thermomixing!

No comments:

Post a Comment