Saturday, August 8, 2015

Vanilla sugar

This won't be a very long post, because there isn't a huge amount to talk about - it has to be one of the easiest recipes in the book. Quite simply, leave your vanilla bean in a jar of sugar for a few days, then mill it in the Thermomix!



The sugar smells lovely. I have just put it in an old jam jar with a nice sticker. I use these stickers to label all my pantry jars and containers. Since getting my Thermomix I have become obsessed with putting everything in containers with matching stickers!

I will try using the sugar in my coffee in the morning to give it a hint of vanilla flavour. I imagine is would also be nice dusted over cakes or cupcakes. It isn't quite as fine as icing sugar, but finer than castor sugar.

Happy thermomixing!

No comments:

Post a Comment