Sunday, August 2, 2015

Guacamole

Guacamole
I was making burgers for dinner today, using the recipe for meatballs that is in the Thermomix Something for Everyone book by Louise Fulton Keats. The recipe for the burgers in that book also has a guacamole recipe. However, I decided to use the Basic Cook Book recipe instead, so I could tick another recipe off my list!

I didn't need a huge amount, so I divided the recipe in thirds. This was enough for us to use on our burgers and we still had a bit left over. I am hoping the lemon juice in the guacamole will make it last without oxidising overnight. It will be a nice snack with some vegetable crudités tomorrow!

The guacamole is really easy to make. The majority of the ingredients go in first, to get chopped up quite finely. The avocado goes in last so it doesn't end up too sloppy. The texture of it was great, a little chunky still, and lots of flavour. It was a really nice avocado too, perfectly ripe.

Happy thermomixing!

No comments:

Post a Comment