Friday, August 7, 2015

Apple and cinnamon muffins


Apple and cinnamon muffins
I got the new cookbook Everyday cooking for Thermomix families yesterday, and after reading through it last night, couldn't wait to cook something from it! I have decided this will be the next book I will tackle making all the recipes out of once I have done the Basic Cook Book!

Today I thought I would try the apple and cinnamon muffins. I did make a few changes, but nothing drastic. The recipe calls for granny smith apples, but I only had pink lady apples. No big deal! I also had a delivery of Your Inspiration at Home spices last week, so I used the YIAH country baked apple pie spice mix instead of plain cinnamon. The spice mix includes cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom and allspice. On top of the apple slice before baking, I added YIAH rose aromatic sugar.
YIAH spices

The muffins turned out lovely. They were nice and fluffy and moist. I would have to say they are the best muffins I have made - pre-Thermomix I had the tendency to over beat muffins, and they would end up tough and dry. These were perfect! So far, so good with this book!

Happy thermomixing!

No comments:

Post a Comment