Sunday, August 30, 2015

Ricotta dumplings with Napoli sauce


Ricotta dumplings with Napoli sauce
Another wow dish from the fabulous cookbook Everyday cooking for Thermomix families. I have enjoyed everything from this book so far, so if you have a TM5, and have been thinking about purchasing this book and/or chip, then do it! You won't regret it.
Draining ricotta

The first thing that is done for this recipe is to make ricotta. First of all, I had never even considered making my own ricotta before having this recipe book. I had no idea it was so easy! Two ingredients that most people would have in their homes, and a little bit of time, and voila! you have ricotta. If I wasn't making it for this recipe, I might have added a little bit of salt to it too.
Drained ricotta

I didn't have any cheesecloth, muslin or a nut bag to drain the ricotta once it had separated from the whey, so i just used a clean tea towel. Now that I know how easy this is though, I think I might have to invest in some cheesecloth. Its fairly cheap at kitchen shops, I just haven't really had a use for it before.

The ricotta is use to make up a mixture for dumplings, which is all done in the Thermomix bowl. Then they are rolled into little balls and placed onto the varoma, to steam over the top of the Napoli sauce that has been cooking away while you roll the dumplings. It doesn't' take very long for the dumplings to cook at all.
Steamed dumplings

The dish is delicious just on its own. I was going to serve it with a few pieces of sliced chicken breast, but I found it was quite filling and didn't need it.

Happy thermomixing!

No comments:

Post a Comment