Sunday, August 30, 2015

Protein shake

Protein shake
I felt like having a smoothie of some sort today, and remembered this one from the Basic Cook Book that I hadn't tried yet. It has nuts and seeds in it, plus an egg for an extra protein boost. The egg is optional - some people don't like the idea of raw egg, but as long as it is fresh I don't mind it.

I didn't have any frozen raspberries in the freezer so I used the mixed berry option, hence the purple colour! It was really tasty and quite filling. I had it around lunch time and actually forgot to have something else to eat. It wasn't until about 3pm that I realised I hadn't eaten lunch, aside from an apple, so it did keep me going for a while. I had more than one serve though - I kept the rest to have tomorrow morning at breakfast.

I will definitely make this again. Its easy to keep frozen berries in the freezer and all the other ingredients are ones that I always have on hand.

Happy thermomixing!

No comments:

Post a Comment