Sunday, August 2, 2015

Mini beef burgers with guacamole


Mini beef burgers with guacamole
This is a recipe from Something for Everyone, by Louise Fulton Keats. I did make a few changes - I made my own multigrain mini burger buns, and instead of using the recipe for guacamole in the book, I used the version of it in the Basic Cook Book. There was nothing wrong with the recipe in SFE, I just wanted to tick another recipe off my list from the BCB!

Homemade multigrain rolls
I also added a flavoured meat rub to the meat mix. The burger patty uses the recipe for beef meatballs earlier in the book. That recipe calls for paprika to be added. Earlier in the week I had received an order of Your Inspiration At Home spices, and one of them was the Grill Master meat rub. It has paprika and a number of other herbs spices in it, so I just added that. It turned out quite delicious!
Meat patty

I cooked the burgers in a frypan, and they did get a little bit too charred on the outside because I got distracted making the guacamole. But they still tasted nice. The recipe contains wholemeal breadcrumbs and I found this made the burger patties very juicy, which was great. Nothing worse than a dried out patty!

The recipe made 8 medium sized patties. The burgers in the recipe book are a bit smaller that what I had made. We only needed four, so I froze the other four for another day, with some baking paper between them to make it easier to separate and defrost them.

I think the only thing I will try differently next time, is cooking them on the barbecue instead of the frypan.

The fresh burger mini buns, with some spinach, rocket, tomato, small cheese triangle, and a thick layer of guacamole - what more could you want in a burger?

No comments:

Post a Comment