Sunday, August 9, 2015

Poached eggs

Poached eggs
I had been putting this recipe off because I had read on a few Facebook pages that people had been having trouble with the method. However this was mainly because there is a change required on the chip to get the eggs covered in water in the simmering basket. As long as you have enough water to cover them, they will be fine.

I added about 1500g of hot tap water to the bowl, so that it would boil a bit faster. After about 7 minutes the water was boiling, so I stopped the Thermomix and skipped ahead to the next step. Isn't it great you can do that, even with guided cooking! I started the Thermomix again, and pretty much immediately the water was boiling again, and I added the eggs one at a time. The eggs are pre-cracked into a small bowl first so they go in smoothly.

The vinegar in the water helps the whites to stay together, and the water slowly spinning creates a nice round shape.

I added my eggs in cold from the fridge and left them in there for the allotted time on the chip. They came out perfectly runny. I added some YIAH herb and garlic dip mix to the top of the eggs and served  them with toast and streaky bacon. Delicious!

Happy thermomixing!

No comments:

Post a Comment