Sunday, August 30, 2015

Sour cream and chicken enchiladas

Sour cream and chicken enchiladas
These were fabulous! Such a tasty meal and the kids loved it. And huge servings, so there was plenty for leftovers for the next day.

First the chicken is steamed in the varoma. Then once it is cooked it goes in the thermoserver to keep warm while the sauce for it is prepared. The mixture of flavours in the sauce is really lovely, especially the olives which give it a little bit of saltiness.
Chicken filling mix


The cooked chicken then goes into the sauce mixture, and is put on reverse to shred it a little. Then it just needs to be assembled by rolling it into tortillas. I did use shop bought tortillas but next time I make this (and it will be soon because it was delicious!) I might try making my own.
Enchiladas arranged in dish

I sprinkled the chopped herbs on top of the enchiladas before adding the tomatoes on top, mainly because my youngest son will not eat anything if he spots anything green in it (except broccoli!). I also didn't add the avocados on top as pictured in the recipe book, because when I sliced open my avocado that I had bought the day before, it was all brown! A bit disappointing, but never mind.
Topped with tomato and cheese

As they say, winner winner chicken dinner!

Happy thermomixing!
End result

No comments:

Post a Comment