Sunday, August 2, 2015

Orange juice

Orange juice
I woke up this morning feeling pretty awful, aside from having a headache, I also felt like I was getting the beginnings of a cold. After a sleep in, I got up and made myself some CADA for breakfast with some vanilla yoghurt. After my coffee had kicked in, I decided I should get some vitamin C into me. I had received some rather large navel oranges in my grocery shopping last week that I hadn't got around to using yet, so thought I would make up a batch of orange juice.

I only wanted to use one of the oranges, since I am planning on making some orange sorbet later on. The orange was big enough that it made 2 serves, so I halved the recipe. I used the lower amount of sugar, and it turned out just the right sweetness. The kids enjoyed it too. The best bit is that it contains the pulp, but it isn't too pulpy, so they would still drink it. Leaving everything in rather than juicing the orange (and then probably needing more than one orange) means you get all the fibre.

Happy thermomixing!

No comments:

Post a Comment