Friday, August 7, 2015

Chicken and cashews

Chicken and cashews
Dish number two from the Everyday Cooking for Thermomix Families recipe book! I have already set up a spreadsheet for this book and started ticking them off! Incidently there are 114 recipes in the book. It doesn't have any of the basics like the Basic Cook Book, so meal/side/dessert wise it is probably about on par with the number and variety of recipes.

I have been running a bit behind this week, with being busy finishing off my Thermomix consultancy training (today is my first official day!), plus work and kids in between. So I had a flick through the cookbook and found this recipe, which I had most of the basic ingredients for, I just needed to get the chicken and fresh vegetables. I used chicken thigh, because I find it has more flavour and doesn't dry out as easily as chicken breast.

I reduced the amount of rice in the recipe, as we don't eat huge amounts of rice. I halved it and still found I had a lot left over. I ended up having to extend the cooking time twice to get the rice to cook, I'm not sure why that was.

The sauce was quite nice, although I might cook it a bit longer next time to thicken it up a bit more. The sauce in the picture in the book looks a lot thicker than mine was. I used about half of a deseeded long red chilli, since the kids were eating this too, and found that was just the right amount of heat. If you like it spicier, then add the whole chilli with seeds.

Overall this was a winner dish, and I would cook it again!

Happy thermomixing!

No comments:

Post a Comment