Sunday, August 30, 2015

Chilli beef with lemon feta

Chilli beef with lemon feta
Wow! This one is an absolute winner. It was quite spicy, so the kids didn't have this one. I would give them some if I left out the cayenne pepper though. I was probably a little heavy handed with that!

The first thing that is made is the lemon feta. I always get danish feta, which is lovely and soft and creamy, and this is what the recipe requires. It definitely wouldn't be the same with regular feta. The addition of lemon made it even better! It made a lovely condiment to take away some of the heat of the main dish.
Lemon feta

The rest of the meal takes hardly any time at all to cook. I do think I might not have got a very good cut of beef though, because it was a bit tough. The next day when I warmed up the leftovers though, it was a bit better. Perhaps it needed cooking just a little bit longer on the first day. It all depends on the meat you have.

I served the dish with a little bit of crusty sour dough bread on the side, and it was perfect just like that.

Happy thermomixing!

No comments:

Post a Comment