Sunday, August 9, 2015

Chocolate chip cookies

Chocolate chip cookies
This is the first time I have made these, but it won't be the last! They are really delicious! They are a lot like Subway cookies in texture - a little chewy and a little crunch at the same time. I used milk chocolate melts in them. Some of the melts were a bit chunkier than others but I thought it was quite nice this way.

I had seen a few people had problems with these biscuits spreading too much and making one giant cookie on the tray. I ended up reducing the bi-carb by half and then before putting them in the oven I put them in the fridge for about 10 minutes to firm up a little bit. I used cold butter in the start of the recipe.

Cookie dough

I ended up needing three trays, but in hindsight it would have been better to use 4 trays, because some of them were spaced a bit too close together and they spread a lot. So some of my cookies were a bit of a strange shape. Not that it makes any difference to the taste!

Happy thermomixing!

No comments:

Post a Comment