Sunday, August 30, 2015

Sweet and sour meatballs with vegetables

Sweet and sour meatballs with vegetables
This recipe is in the Everyday cooking for Thermomix families. It is quite an easy recipe to make once you have prepared all the ingredients.

It uses pork fillet, which you mince yourself in the Thermomix. It did have instructions to freeze it slightly first, but I didn't have time to do this on the night I was making it, so I just blitzed it less than the  recipe instructed. It turned out fine.

The spices that are added to the pork give the meatballs a lovely flavour. I rolled the meatballs a bit too big, so next time I do it I will make them slightly smaller so its a bit more refined.

I did find that there was a bit too much pineapple in the dish. I might halve that next time, and maybe it might be nicer to use fresh pineapple rather than tinned. I just prefer the taste of fresh pineapple personally but its really what you like best. A small tin of pineapple juice could be used instead of using the juice left from draining the pineapple. From memory, I think it was just under a cup of juice.

I would also think about adding in some more vegetables in place of the pineapple I reduced. Maybe some broccoli or cauliflower, and even some sliced green beans.

The sauce was quite nice, although because I was in a rush I didn't get to reduce it as much as I would have liked, so it didn't turn out as thick as the sauce looks in the picture in the book.

Aside from these small adjustments, it was a lovely meal and my oldest son (7) loved it. My younger one is a bit fussy so I don't usually go by what he thinks!

Happy thermomixing!

No comments:

Post a Comment