Sunday, August 2, 2015

Thai chilli chicken and basil

Thai chilli chicken and basil
I have made this recipe a few times before, and each time it was nice. It is very quick to prepare, and has really great flavours, in particular the thai basil, which has a lovely aniseed flavour. The only thing I find I need to change with this recipe  is the fish sauce amount, as it can be a bit overpowering. I tend to use half the amount of that sauce, and leave the others the same.

I cut the chicken pieces up into more of a dice than strips, and it worked well. Sometimes with chicken dishes you do need to cut the pieces up a bit chunkier, but because this one cooks quite quickly you can get away with smaller pieces if you want to.

I deseeded the chillies, so it didn't have a lot of heat. It would probably have been fine for the kids this way, but they have been a bit fussy lately with these flavours. However, since we don't want to miss out on enjoying curries, I will make them something else really quickly with the Thermomix.

Once the chicken was ready I put it in the thermoserver and left it to rest for a while. I cooked the rice in the Thermomix using the recipe in the book, via the recipe chip. We usually have basmati rice, so I reduce the time to 15 minutes and it always comes out perfectly! Since it is only for the two of us, I reduce the amount of rice, but leave the cooking time/temp/speed the same.

I will definitely do this again. Maybe next time I will leave the seeds in at least one of the chillies!

Happy thermomixing!

No comments:

Post a Comment