Sunday, July 5, 2015

Skinnymixer's beef madras

Skinnymixer's Beef Madras
Since the Skinnymixer's Butter Chicken recipe seems to be so popular (and for good reason - it was the first thing I made in my thermomix and it was fantastic!), I decided to branch out and try one of their other curries. I had heard the Skinnymixer's beef madras was great too, so added it to my weekly meal plan.

The spices were all ones I already had in my cupboard, and I always have tomato paste on hand, so the only thing I needed to buy was the rump steak. I love that I have so many spices in my spice rack, it is so easy to create different recipes when you have a good selection of spices and herbs all ready to use. I don't usually use meat stock pastes - I like to save space in my fridge, so whenever beef or chicken stock paste is required I just use my vegetable stock paste.

The curry was very fast to prepare. The aroma of the spices as they were being toasted was really lovely. Then the wet ingredients are added and the sauce is cooked for a short time. The meat is then added and cooked with the MC on, then again with the MC off, to reduce the sauce and help it thicken.

The end result was fantastic. The meat was lovely and tender, the flavours had permeated through it, and the blend of spices was just right. I served it with steamed broccoli and pumpkin, since the curry itself doesn't have any vegetables in it. The rice I cooked in my decor rice cooker so it would be ready at the same time as the curry. A lovely meal and I will definitely be having this one again.

No comments:

Post a Comment