Saturday, July 25, 2015

Hollandaise sauce

Hollandaise sauce with poached eggs and toast
I didn't have to work this morning, so I decided to make something different for breakfast. I felt like eggs, so thought it would be nice to have some hollandaise sauce on them. This is one of those things I would never have made from scratch before getting my Thermomix. I liked to order it at cafes and if I really wanted it at home, I would get one of those pouches that you heat in the microwave. Doing it in the Thermomix is a million times better!

Ingredients in!
I have done this sauce around 3 or 4 times, and it has been perfect every time. I added all the ingredients cold, straight from the fridge. It takes about 8 minutes to cook and thicken up nicely. I like hollandaise quite tart so I also squeezed in a little extra lemon juice (not much, maybe only about 5g more). I love that you just put all the ingredients in, put the lid on, turn the dial, and at the end it is perfectly made hollandaise without any real effort or thinking. Brilliant!
Finished hollandaise sauce

While the sauce was cooking, I made the poached eggs in a saucepan, because I wanted the eggs and the hollandaise to be ready at the same time. If you wanted to do it all in the Thermomix, you could poach the eggs first using the chip instructions (note, there is an alteration on the Thermomix recipe community for the poached eggs, to increase the amount of water, so the eggs are submerged.)

The sauce turned out great, nice a smooth with a bit of tang. The eggs were poached with soft yolks, so good to mix in with the sauce and mop up with some toast.

Happy thermomixing!

No comments:

Post a Comment