Sunday, July 5, 2015

Red Thai chicken curry

Red Thai chicken curry
I wanted to make the red Thai chicken curry for dinner tonight, and I knew it wasn't to the kids' taste, so I defrosted them some vegetarian sausage rolls I had in the freezer, with some tomato ketchup I made last week. The curry is quite quick to make, once you have sliced the chicken it's really just a matter of putting everything in as required and waiting for the countdowns to finish.

I used a red Thai curry paste that I hadn't tried before, and it turned out quite hot. A lot hotter than I prefer, but okay for my husband. Next time I will probably go back to my usual paste (I usually use the ayam brand) or I will try making my own, from the recipe in the BCB. I also found that the amount of cornflour added made the sauce really thick, so I did have to add a bit of water to thin it down towards the end of the cooking, before I added the vegetables.

I served the curry with steamed rice. I added 50g of sliced snow peas, in place of half of the frozen peas, just because I had some snow peas that needed to be used up. I did also find that the broccoli needed a little bit longer, it was still a tiny bit too crunchy for my liking. It would also be quite nice to squeeze in a little bit of lemon juice at the end. Other than that, it is a good curry, and I will experiment with it again to get the heat right.

No comments:

Post a Comment