Friday, July 17, 2015

Fruit and nut muesli

Fruit and nut muesli
Word of warning if you are going to make this for breakfast - choose a morning when everyone is already up, unless you have pre made LSA mix. Its not a quiet breakfast to make! I did have some LSA mix in the pantry, but it was a shop bought one from before I had my thermomix, so I made a fresh lot. It makes quite a lot, so make sure you have an airtight container to store the leftovers in.

I only made a half batch of this muesli, because my husband had already had his breakfast, and only one of my sons wanted to have some of it. I have put the leftover serve in the fridge to see if it lasts well overnight.

Once the LSA is made, its a matter of weighing in the rest of the ingredients, then giving it a few pulses on turbo. I did it 4 times as specified, but I think I would prefer it a little chunkier next time, so I might see how it goes with just 2 x 1.0 second turbos.
LSA - linseeds, sunflower seeds, almonds

I served the muesli with some greek yoghurt and a dollop of the stewed rhubarb, apples and strawberries I made a few days ago. It was a delicious, filling breakfast, and I will definitely make this one again. Its fairly similar to CADA, just with different fruits, so its a slightly different taste. You could use any dried fruits you have in your pantry, if you don't like the ones suggested in the recipe.

Happy thermomixing!

No comments:

Post a Comment