Friday, July 17, 2015

Hommus

Hommus
Being school holidays, we took the kids to the movies in the morning, and had a few naughty snacks! So by the time we got home we weren't all that hungry for lunch, so I decided to make some hommus and vege sticks.

Hommus is one of the dishes that is an option at a Thermomix demonstration, so you may have already tried this. It is really simple and quick, and you can make it as smooth or chunky as you wish, depending on your preference. I like it quite smooth so I processed it a little longer, maybe an extra 5 seconds.
One thing to be mindful with this, is that raw garlic can be quite strong, so use a smallish garlic clove if you can. I probably used one that was a little too big, so the hommus was quite garlicky, but not overpowering. Although it does hang around for a while afterwards, if you know what I mean!!

I added a sprinkle of sumac to the hommus and drizzled on a little extra olive oil as well. I like to keep a can of chickpeas in the pantry all the time, so when I feel like making a little healthy snack in the afternoon, I can easily make a batch of hommus.

Happy thermomixing!

No comments:

Post a Comment