Sunday, July 5, 2015

Lemon wash

This isn't a recipe as such, but just a quick blog post about a clean I do in my thermomix every week or so. I generally take my thermomix apart each time I wash it, so I can completely clean out the blades and under the blades where food gets stuck. Especially after making bread dough, or after making curries - I don't want to contaminate my next dish with what I have just cooked. Yeasty yoghurt is very unpleasant (think snotty yoghurt), and no one wants their custard to taste like curry!

Sometimes though, I notice that the base of the bowl starts to look a bit dull and as if it has a film on it. No amount of scrubbing with a brush or cloth or even a wash in the dishwasher gets rid of it. So this is what I do.

Needed:
1 lemon (if its a bit old and dry looking it doesn't matter)
Approximately 1 litre of water

Method:
Cut lemon into quarters and blitz in the thermomix for 2 seconds on speed 8. Then add the water, set the timer for 10 minutes on 100℃ on speed 3. Once the timer is finished, the scent of lemons will be filling the kitchen, and you can strain the lemon water through the simmering basket (to avoid chunks going down the drain). Separate the blades and base, grab your dish brush and give the bowl and blades a wash with hot soapy water. Rinse and dry and put the blades bowl and base back together. The film should be gone (along with any other marks) and the bowl will be looking as good as new.

After 10 minutes cooking


You can see the difference here in the before and after shots. The base of my bowl was looking dull, and then after it is nice and shiny again.

Before

After



No comments:

Post a Comment