Friday, July 17, 2015

Easy tea cake


Easy tea cake
I have been wanting to make a tea cake, much like the ones that are sold at Brumby's/Bakers Delight, really soft, fine cake that doesn't crumble when it's cut. I was pointed towards this recipe on the Thermomix recipe community, so I thought I would give it a try.

The notes on the recipe state that the cake doesn't rise very much, so I decided to make a double batch. I did sift the flour, which I don't usually do, but I was just wanting to make the cake as light as possible. I also added a teaspoon of cinnamon for a bit of a different flavour.

I used a spring form tin to bake it in. The cake batter is very thick, and quite difficult to get out of the bowl. I ended up needing to remove the blades to get it all out. It was also quite difficult to spread, but with a bit of coaxing, I got it in the tin.
Cake batter

I ended up cooking the cake for 27 minutes, to account for the extra batter. The end result wasn't really the cake I was after, It was quite heavy and crumbly, but it was a nice enough cake. The kids and I both enjoyed it. However, the search continues to find the recipe for the texture I am after!

Happy thermomixing!

No comments:

Post a Comment