Saturday, May 30, 2015

Butter chicken


Butter chicken

Tonight's dinner was the butter chicken from the recipe chip. I was actually in the middle of making some cakes and sweet buns for my son's 7th birthday tomorrow, so I started making this later than I usually would. It was quite a quick recipe, with not a lot of hands on time.

This is the first time I have made this version of butter chicken. Previously I have made the Skinnymixers Butter chicken. It was actually the second thing I ever made in my thermomix, after vegetable stock! Due to how popular the Skinnymixers version was, I decided to give it a go, and it definitely lived up to all the hype.

The BCB version definitely has less steps and takes less time to make overall. It also has less spices than the Skinnymixers recipe. Admittedly, I did leave out the chilli powder because the kids would be less inclined to eat it.

The overall result was a bit disappointing. I just feel it didn't have enough flavour, it was very bland. It made a lot of sauce, in relation to the amount of chicken. I have frozen the sauce we didn't use, and will just cook up some diced chicken and add it to heated through sauce. However I will probably have to tweak it a little bit with a few extra spices before I use it. Unfortunately I don't think this recipe is really for me. Can't win them all!

Happy thermomixing!

No comments:

Post a Comment